Some newer (or not so new) stuff you may not have seen:
The older references...
- The photo page from 1959 McMurdo
- Demolition of BIT--clearing the way for the first phase of the new station!
- The origin and story of the first "Round the World Race"
- The REAL story about Byrd's chocolate bar, supposedly found at Pole!
- The NEW time capsule, buried in the foundation of the elevated station
- Air Force to the rescue--130's called in on short notice to resupply the inland stations--in January 1960!
- Carl Disch goes for a walk...the tragic 1965 winter tale from Byrd Station
- 321 recovery from East Antarctica...the full story
- The first women to visit Pole in November 1969
- The mystery of the IGY Time Capsule (originally inside the hut you see in Cliff Dickey's 1957 photo above)
- Building the Dome...station construction photos from the old days
- Last Sunset...March 2000 photos by Rodney Marks
- Who was Williams, and why is this field named after him???
- The FIRST winter medevac--Byrd Station, April 1961...with a twist!
- The first true internet access from Pole
- 917, that crashed plane at the end of the skiway...
- and Max Conrad's aircraft--the OTHER crashed plane at the end of the other skiway
- Dry Gulch, Antarctica (or, the construction camp before the great fire of 1976)
- Old Pole, a tunnel runs through it, or, the night the lights went out...by Dick Wolak
- The NMCB-71 signboard in the biomed arch
- the blue ice runway surveys...
- McMurdo's Chapel of the Snows, a look back
- About those SP 90 License Plates